14 August 2009

szia, marcell!

eger is a very pretty little town...it’s my second time here, and the pictures I took three years ago were better, so i’m cheating a little. here are some views from 2006...



not sure what my dad has to do with eger’s history, but i found this sculpture honouring his vulgar behaviour in the main square...


funny, i also found this kakaós csiga in the flowers...


can you guess what this is called in english?


this picture is proof of my love for mike...


now here is a man looking quite intimidating...


but he didn’t do a very good job guarding the desserts i got at the nearby marján cukrászda. i wonder who stole bites out of them.


the one on the left is called túró rudi after hungary’s famous refrigerated treat of chocolate-covered cheese. the one on the right is a sour cherry strudel. there was nothing sour about it, though...it was nagyon finom! here is the real túró rudi...


in a tunnel very near the city’s castle, locals like to show off their graffiti talents…three years ago, this was the artwork on display (excuse the blurriness)...



now it looks like this...




4 comments:

  1. dude. that kakaós csiga in the flowers reminds me of the sliced bread in the grass that you found. why do you always find bread products randomly lying around outside? phffttt...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcell is bursting with pride. The graffiti artists of Eger are world famous., but only the first ones I guess. (another reason to burst): get ready for a detailed account for him when you get home.
    I`m jealous for the strudel. Would you smuggle me some? (not in your tummy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. please, please tell me that kakaos csiga was for me... you 'membered, right?

    that's the shit, man. or, for your students, that's the shiite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, killer, that was for you. i've been eating those shiites every day. don't hate.

    monika, i have so many more pictures for marcell to drool over...be prepared to suffer through my slide show...

    ReplyDelete