11 August 2009

picturific budapest

hmmm...what does budapest look like, you wonder...first, let's discuss the public transportation. the trams looks like this.



though there are more updated ones in existence these days, i prefer these old timey ones.

there are cute streets like these that aren't accessible by tram - we saw these riding bikes. notice the jesus bookstore in the first picture.







these last two are of ráday utca where my apartment is. doesn't it make you want to buy my place? doesn't it??

or if you are in the mood for getting married, there are parks where people take their goofy wedding photos like in central park.






mike wasn't getting married here. he already got married in new york in a wedding some "friends" were too busy to attend.

and then there’s my favourite girl on dózsa györgy út near where I once lived for a few months a long long time ago:



and, finally, there are turkish baths we swim in at night that do hideous things to my cheap jewelry.




i have about a hundred thousand more pictures i could've uploaded, but i didn't want to bore the bejesus out of you. here's my attempt at a video of the big indoor market a few blocks from where we sleep at night...

4 comments:

  1. thanks for puttin' in the vid pal! I think that these blogs (yours and mike's, who else's?) are the best yet of your travels and I'm thoroughly enjoying them.

    p.s. nice bandaid

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with the person on top of me...ok wait that sounds wrong

    ReplyDelete
  3. your welc for the vid, mach!

    as for you, rozsi...you always have to go there, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jag gillar Rosie, hon är roligast...

    ReplyDelete